"The whole movement of life is learning" (Krishnamurti). "To be an act of knowing, then, the adult literacy process must engage the learners in the constant problematizing of their existential situations" (Freire). "Once you learn to read, you will be forever free" (Douglass). "I can learn anything I have the desire to learn" (White, S.G.).

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

1-2-3...Theory



Overall, I’m extremely pleased with the progress that I have made with this project throughout the semester. While my literacy event was not clear at first, my research helped me to more clearly define the event and surrounding issues. The VRS Hybrid plan has just been rolled out, and we cannot expect that the explanation and understanding will be 100% from the beginning.  I was initially apprehensive that I would be able to successfully find links between my work, and the theories that we studied this semester. However, when I started reviewing all of my information, research, and all of our readings from the semester, the theories presented themselves quite clearly to me. 
The theories that presented themselves were Social Practice Theory and  Connectivism Learning theory. Especially with the Social Practice Theory, I really enjoyed the process that I went through to get myself to really understand the theory and how it was connecting to my project.I only hope that I was able to communicate them in my paper effectively.   
 I think that with a little more preparation I’ll be able to present my findings to the benefits manager and hopefully we will be able to adjust some things when it comes to the information that we offer during New Employee Orientation, as well as information that is offered on the VCU website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this post. Diverse opinions are welcomed.